Facts and figures
- 94 universities
- 20 public sector research establishments
- 50 corporate
- Representing 2500 commercialisation professionals
PraxisUnico has trained over 2000 commercialisation professionals in the UK (reaching 88% of UK universities) and overseas
- The Department of Business Innovation and Skills will provide £150 million in the year 2010-11 to universities to help them develop links between their research base and business through the Higher Education Innovation Fund (HEIF).
- UK universities’ alone generate billions of pounds1 every year from business interactions which include research commercialisation activities.
- In three years (2005 to 2008) on average 210 new companies where founded on the basis of academic research1.
- University Challenge Funds (UCFs) have created nearly 400 companies and 2000 new jobs in the high technology sector and attracted a further £700m of additional private sector investment from an original investment of £60m.
1. 2007-08 Higher education-business and community interaction survey (HE-BCI. Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE). Available at:http://www.hefce.ac.uk/econsoc/buscom/hebci/