The output from the course will enable effective management and methods to maximise impact from consultants and consultancy relationships.
Is this course right for me?
This course is principally for people who are involved in the management of consultants and consultancy led projects, looking to develop the effectiveness and efficiency of consultancy within their organisation. This course will work through the consultancy lifecycle, from pricing through to contract negotiation and income distribution. This course is also suitable for:
- Consultancy managers who manage the hiring of specialist facilities and bespoke training/CPD
- Internal and external marketing professionals
- Professionals with significant experience in TT/KT, but less knowledge and understanding of the specific issues around consultancy
Why should I attend this course?
- Consultancy is a valuable first step towards building long standing relationships between a University or Research Institute and a business, and can lead to research, a KTP, student placement, as well as income generation
- It is also important for profile raising and delivering impact on behalf of your University/Research Institute
- Effectively running a business from within a University/Research Institute can be challenging and this course teaches tangible methods to work through barriers, and challenges traditionally faced by University/Research Institute professionals.
What will I learn from the course?
- An in-depth understanding of the consultancy process and how it works within a University/Research Institute
- How to maximise consultancy opportunities and where to source new ones
- A comprehensive understanding of consultancy contracts
- Knowledge on the role of consultancy within impact generation and how to maximise this
- How to identify risks, and how to mitigate them.
- Understand the different models of consultancy delivery, and how to decide on the right method for your University
The course also focuses on networking, providing a valuable platform to meet peers, discuss best practice, and interact with the course team and other contributors.
What makes this course different to others available in the sector?
PraxisAuril is able to deliver this training from the unique perspective of KT practitioners. We see the world from the same angle as you do!
We draw on a wide pool of experience and expertise from within the profession and build them into the course content, ensuring we are always delivering up to date, sector leading training and development.
PLEASE NOTE: This course has been updated in light of feedback from earlier deliveries, to ensure that it continues to meet the needs of each of our delegates. The highly participative and interactive programme uses a new range of interactive techniques to engage delegates in an immersive, memorable and enjoyable learning experience
20% discount on group bookings
The course fee includes:
- Attendance at all lectures and workshops
- Training and reference materials (electronic or otherwise)
- Registration event (including buffet dinner & drinks) on Wednesday 17 January
- Networking event (including buffet dinner & drinks) on Thursday 18 January
- Morning and afternoon refreshments and lunch every day
|Course Fee||£ 1025.00|
|Course Fee with Member Discount||£ 895.00|